Welcome and thank you for your interest in Morning Star Catholic School! Our school is founded in Catholic tradition and committed to providing each student with special needs the opportunity to discover their gifts and achieve their personal best as children of God. All of our students have a diagnosed disability.
If you have questions regarding enrolling your child at our school, please email our registrar, Jackie Domino, at [email protected] for more information. You may also call the school at 407-295-3077.
- In order for us to begin the admission screening process we ask that you provide copies of your child's Matrix score, IEP and, if they have one, BIP/FBA (Behavior Intervention Plan/Functional Behavior Assessment) as well as any other evaluations from therapists, doctors, etc. that will help us understand your child's needs. Please email this information to our registrar at the email listed above.
- Once received, these reports and evaluations will be reviewed by our staff to see if we can accommodate your child’s needs here at Morning Star Catholic School. If it is determined that we may be a good fit for your child at MSCS we will schedule a meeting/tour with prospective parents and testing/evaluation of your child.
- After prospective parents have toured our school and the student has been evaluated class visits, also known as shadow days, will be scheduled for your child. A minimum of two class visits MUST be scheduled prior to admission. This step is essential in helping us determine if we can meet your child’s needs at our school.
- Before admission our staff MUST be notified of any existing behavior challenges and or plans that exist for the prospective student. Students considered for admission must be able to independently handle all their toileting and personal hygiene needs. If a student needs assistance in these areas it must be addressed and planned prior to admission.
- Parents must secure a scholarship from the Family Empowerment Scholarship for Unique Abilities (FES-UA), administered through Step Up For Students (SUFS). Your status should be considered as “Eligible” for the school year your child will be enrolled for.
- All newly accepted students will begin school on a 90-day trial basis. This allows additional time for us to determine if we will be able to successfully assist your child and meet their needs here at Morning Star Catholic School.
Back to Top Share this page on